- Email Us
Please remember it can take a while for us to reply to your email, so if you need to talk to someone straight away it is quicker to ring on 1800 55 1800
Your counsellor will ask some basic questions about you when you first email us, such as:
- your first name
- your age
- whether you're a boy or girl
- who you live with
- your suburb and postcode
We ask for this information to keep you safe and to understand a bit about you - we won't share it with anyone.
Your counsellor will also ask some questions for you to think about and respond to. There are no right or wrong answers - just what feels right for you!
This process can take a while, so to speed things up, try writing answers to the questions below in your first email to Kids Helpline.
This might feel a bit different at first, but it can really help your counsellor to understand what's going on for you, a lot faster.
- How would you describe what you are feeling?
- When did you first start feeling this way, and have you ever felt like this before?
- If you are feeling frightened or anxious, is this the worst you have ever felt?
- Are some days better than others?
- Who are the most important people in your life and how do you get on with them?
- Does anyone know what is going on for you?
- What else is going on in your life (the good and the not so good)?
To send an email to a counsellor, copy and paste the below email address into a new email: email@example.com
This service is for young people living in Australia.