Why is respect important?
When people treat other people with respect, the world is an easier, more fun place to be. And it's not that hard either - all you have to do is care for others as you would like them to care for you! Here are some ideas:
- think about how other people might be feeling
- listen to them when they speak
- try to think about other peoples' likes and dislikes
- don't try to make someone do something that they don't want to do
- don't let anyone make you do something you don't want to do
- don't make fun of or tease other people
- take an interest in other peoples' culture (it can be fun learning about the way other people do things, especially if it's really different from the way your family is)
Can you think of other ways that you can treat people and yourself with respect?