We welcome all enquiries about working with Kids Helpline and BoysTown.
Kids Helpline runs two counsellor recruitment drives each year, however you can express your interest in these positions at any time on our vacancies website as well as sign up for email bulletins outlining upcoming positions of interest.
We have outlined our Kids Helpline application process below for your information:
- Visit the BoysTown employment page and complete your application as specified
- Applicants will be shortlisted
- Selected applicants will be invited to attend a Kids Helpline information morning. This will provide more detail about training and working as a Kids Helpline counsellor. It's also an opportunity for you to ask any questions you may have about working at Kids Helpline
- Selected applicants will be invited to attend an interview at Kids Helpline
- Successful applicants will commence their employment initially by attending the Skills Based Training Course
If you are selected for employment as a Kids Helpline Counsellor you are required to hold a valid Blue Card issued by the Queensland Commission for Children and Young People and Child Guardian. Our staff will provide you with an application form and it will be sent to the Commission upon your successful appointment as a Kids Helpline Counsellor.
For further information please contact our Human Resources Department on 07 3867 1342.